Intercession – is to take position or stand in the gap, and mediate, plead or reconcile between
two opposing forces such as between men and satan, light and darkness, despair and hope;
sickness and wholeness; life and death. “I looked for a man among them who would build up
the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it”,
Ezek.22:30. This can be achieved by taking our position; according to the authority we have in
Christ, as believers, through prayer and petition, praise and worship, with prophetic acts of
pleading, or with language from the Spirit of God not expressible in natural language.
The purpose of intercession is to establish the will of God on earth. “He wishes all men to be
saved and increasingly to perceive and recognize and discern and know precisely and correctly
the divine truth” 1 Tim 2:4.
1. Is to pray for all men so that they can be saved and know the divine truth of God. 1 Tim
2. To pray for kings, all those who are in positions of authority or high responsibility so that
we may outwardly pass a quiet and undisturbed life and inwardly a peaceable life in all
godliness and seriousness and reverence of God in every way. 1 Tim 2:2
3. To plead the cause of others (Isa. 53:12). 4.To defend or vindicate someone or his acon (ministry of reconciliation), 2 Corinth 5:19
5. To Pray for Restoraon of all things, the manifestaon of the sons of God and fulfilment of His
6. To bring deliverance to those who are called by His purpose. Rom 8:26-28.
7. To confess and repent on behalf of church so that God may forgive us and heal our land.
8. To align and prepare the church service for the will of God to manifest unhindered.
9. To prepare the fire before the servant of God delivers the Word in the church. This enables the servant
of God to flow with the message during his preaching service.