Base Scripture: Acts 2:42-47; 1 John 1:3;
This is a group of believers geared toward the building up of the Ministry and whose vision is to provide a personal ministry and fellowship to home fellowship group members. It is understood that the group’s commitment to God is also commitment to the Ministry.
A home fellowship is not just a special gathering where members are just there to socialize. Primarily, this group is to serve as an evangelistic tool for unbelievers and a tool for discipleship and fellowship for believers.
The home fellowship is not a local church. It is not to be misconstrued as a local church and should not be substituted for going to church.
- Outreach, to increase the burden and passion for souls and a place to draw and introduce other people to Christ
- An instrument of the Ministry to bring believers to maturity through nurtured fellowship and discipleship.
- A place for training believers on how to contribute in testimony, in worship and to the miraculous by faith.
- To provide an opportunity to nurture the gift that God gave to each.
- The home fellowship group honours the scriptural principles of spiritual leadership: submission, delegation, accountability and responsibility.
- To prepare believers, equipping them through the ministry of fellowship with one another.
- To introduce believers to the Ministry to be built through the knowledge of the Son of God unto a point of maturity.
- To grow the Ministry with committed and dedicated members.
- To pray for the sick who are within the jurisdiction of the home fellowship group, and attend to their needs.
- The home fellowship group leader must provide leadership advice , counselling, assistance, to those who are troubled.
- It becomes the duty of every home fellowship member to inform and discuss with the home fellowship group leader all matters pertaining to:
- Engagement proposals
- Deaths in the family
- Hospitalisation of members and their immediate family
- And all other socio-economic, psycho-somatic (mental or personality disturbance) related problems.